![]() |
| My camera had the wrong date 02/26/09 is correct |
As soon as I got the call, I was headed to Central Baptist Hospital, camera in hand, eager to be present for my family’s first baby. Out of all the grand kids on my mother’s side, Alisha would be the first to bear a child. My little sister was having a baby.
The entire time I was at the hospital, it was surreal. I could not grasp the fact that this was it. After this day, Alisha would have a kid. A little mini-Alisha glued to her every waking move and thought.
Watching the candid labor firsthand was absolutely bizarre and out of this world. I was looking around her and was just soaking everything in. The room, the lights, the doctor’s face, the nurse’s hands, Austin’s continuity in eyes as he looked down on her. And my mother holding Alisha’s feet, aiding her in a more tactful position to help improve her pushing. I don’t even know what the hell I was doing… haha.
The last few seconds dwindled down, but went so fast to me, that I began screaming louder than Alisha! I was screaming, “Push push!” And the doctor and nurse yelled back, “No! Stop pushing!”
Like I said, I didn’t know what I was doing. I don’t know what I was saying…but when the doctor said he could see the head… a switch flipped on in my brain telling me this is it…and I was in a hostile mode.
I thought, this baby is coming and I’m not going to stop yelling until I hear crying. I guess I yelled and encouraged her to push a little too much. This entire process sanctions a definite pass out that is a classic move I thought was routine for this event, but thankfully never happened.
To be perfectly honest, it was graphic and bloody and I can’t believe I watched the whole thing. But it was amazing.
Seeing it on TV and watching it firsthand is like seeing a picture of the beach, and in fact, placing your feet upon white sand and feeling the warm ocean breeze graze your face. They are poles apart.
I am so thankful that I was able to be there right next to her through out the entire thing. To see Annabell come into the world, through 9 strenuous months inside my precious sister, and to be swept up in my little sister’s devoted arms, a true and bona-fide mother. What a delightful moment in our lives.
Another blessing to count, upon the abundant miracles God has placed within our lives. How wonderful!
![]() |
| Annabel in her Mother's arms |


No comments:
Post a Comment