I retract the evening that I picked up the book “Volunteer Vacations”. I was flipping through the different organizations, their mission statements, where their located, and on one of those pages, I clearly remember seeing Dakshinayan.
Immediately, my heart started pounding in my chest. It was odd and unexpected because I had no clue what it meant. I read further and saw that the price was feasible. I thought to myself, I could do this.
That same feeling has overcome me tonight. For some reason, I am beginning to feel God influence my steps that I am taking in my mind to what I want for my life.
I told myself while I was in India that I wanted to live according to the priorities that I set for my life. Living to the standards of the "American Dream" is not important to me. And I am 25 years old, on the adjacent verge of 26. And I have nothing to show for it but my acclaimed trip to India.
I don’t want to be wealthy, I don’t want fancy cars, and I don’t want to own a nice wardrobe or even an impressive house. But I do want to serve God. I want to know that what I am doing is for a purpose greater than me.
A 9-5 job isn’t going to cut it with my huge imagination, my heart that beats for the people of this world, and the want to be something beyond just an employee at a work place. I truly believe that God, my Creator, has other things in store for me.
And my basis for my belief is, God made me. He made every piece of me. And he tuned my heart just the way he wanted it and has over time, tweaked it to His satisfaction. I still have a very long way to go as far as being the devoted disciple he calls for us to be, but He places the drive within me to do something BIGGER!!
And I intend to reach that, and carry out His will for my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment