ko

Job 33:6 I am just like you before God; I too have been taken from clay.jm

Friday, April 6, 2012

You Are Here...




I am here, in the state of Kentucky that has become a black hole. This state has clinched my ankles and has held on for all of my life. I’ve been to different places, visited different countries, had a few opportunities to move but sadly, each of them fell threw (not on my part!!)…and still, after 26 years, I’ve always found my way back to good ol’ Kentucky. In retrospect of the places I’ve seen and the environments that I’m thankful not to be in, it’s a good place. Beautiful scenery, 4 seasons, the choice of a city life or a country life, and the people, for the most part, can be genuine and pleasant.

I struggle with my depiction of this state because I’ve been confined here for so long. Living here seems to only put limitations on my spontaneous and unstructured way of living, my enormous craving for adventure and my passion for people, culture and traveling. BUT, I am trying to be content with where God has me, after all, He is the captain of this vessel, and there is rhyme to His reason, even if I don’t understand why.


So, to answer this question geologically…I am currently within the county lines of Scott County. Georgetown is where home base is for me; including my dad and brother who live with me…or I live with them, and the rest of my family that decided to migrate here as well. This city has a total area of 13.7 square miles, population 30,000 and something and the only reason it exists on a map is because of the Toyota plant that was built in the year I was born – 1986.
          So here in Georgetown, as I mentioned, I live with my Dad and brother. My Mom and Step-dad own a construction company Newhavenhomes.biz and my brother became one of their patrons by building a house under their task force last October. With my brother and father’s blessing, the tenure of the master bedroom became mine! A realm of peace and harmony endowed with its own bathroom, shower, walk-in closet and a toilet seat that would always be guaranteed to be down. I have a pretty good setup I will admit, to which I am so incredibly thankful for.

          I’ve never lived in a new house before. I grew up in a nice house, not new but very homey and comfortable. After I graduated high-school I was headstrong about my independence and made the dumbest decision ever, and that was to move out with a couple friends. Ever since then, its always been apartments and town-homes for me, with the most recent place of residence being a 1900’s farmhouse that was divided in half to accommodate 2 living quarters. That place was not well kept prior to moving in so it was literally falling apart after our 3 years of occupying it. I’ve moved 13 times in the last 10 years. And of course, all still within the state of Kentucky.

          So I am here, living with the greatest big brother in the entire world, under the watchful eye of my beloved Father, with the best sidekick daughter/dog on the planet, and all of my immediate family within a 10 minute drive. I am truly blessed to be here, where I am, even if it’s in the state of Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment