ko

Job 33:6 I am just like you before God; I too have been taken from clay.jm

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Theme Song

Hello readers! I'm so glad to have you visit my blog ! I must say, this is my first so if any of you have any kind of feedback or constructive criticism, I'd love to hear it. :)
 I like how we can insert videos, links and images, but I really wish we could embed background music ! I prefer to write while I listen to music, it seems to stimulate my thought process, enabling me to write more candidly and with different perspectives.
 I am currently taking a communications class: Public Speaking. We have had the privilege of speaking on topics that interest us for the last two speeches our class has done. For me, this freedom was accompanied by pressure." What could I talk about (for 4-6 minutes) that interests me, that won't bore my audience?" Furthermore, I wanted my classmates to take something away from my speech; for them to walk away and perhaps say, "I actually learned something."
 I was faced with the same conflict when I began this blog. When prompted to type the Title of the blog, I was going back and forth between subjects and the thoughts crept back ," What could I write about that would actually interest people." "What theme could my blog revolve around that people would want to read about." Then I wondered, " What is a universal concept that I could individualize...or put in my own words so that in a sense, it could relate to most everybody.
 Then came the idea of change. We all face it, we all go through it, but change affects each of us differently. Change comes in many shapes, amounts, forms and ways. And usually with change, we adapt and mold to our different environments and situations. I refer to these adaptations as God's way of using the ups and downs, the bitter and the sweets, our trials and triumphs to, in essence, transform...everyday if we let it.
 The Bible states in Isiah 64:8 "But now O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay;and You our potter; and all we are the work of Your hand." God is constantly molding and shaping my heart, and I can feel him kneading it like dough; play dough. He plies my thoughts to reflect His grace. He focuses and contours my vision to see others as He does. He smooths and evens out the rough and callous areas of myself where only He has the power to be my ocean of renewal.
 Since God created the world, and He's got the whole universe in His hands, I am testament to his ownership of a colossal sandblaster. Countless times He has shown me that He has the power to buff away scars left by painful deception and hurt. He lightens my load by grinding away at stress, worry and doubts that are often daily burdens. And he refurbishes my spirit.

So I guess my blog will be my ramblings of different sorts of things. I'm not much for planning or sticking to schedules, so it may be best to leave this Blog Theme open and ready for whatever postings can come from my head. But I would like to keep in mind the different ways that God is molding and shaping me throughout this blog through different experiences and events that take place within my life. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them ! :)


1 comment:

  1. Looks like I stumbled onto your first post? I was cliking on "kentucky" on my profile and it was showing me a list of other KY bloggers so I think you were at the top since you are the newest. I'm not sure how they list them but I think that's how they do it. I work at Midway College and you're in Georgetown - small world! Congrats on starting a blog!!

    ReplyDelete